- Each approved European FinTech company has a company profile on this website so that everyone (e.g. friends, stakeholders, customers) can vote for their favorite European FinTech company. Every vote will then help your favorite FinTech company in becoming selected in the European FinTech Top 100. These votes constitute 25% of the weight in determining the European FinTech Top 100.
- At the same time the panel of judges will also vote and this will constitute the other 75% of the weight in determining the European FinTech Top 100.
The second and final round will be on the 14th of April at ABN AMRO Headquarters in Amsterdam during the European FinTech Awards & Conference. At this day the 3 best companies per category will give a pitch in front of the panel of judges. The best companies in the following categories will get the opportunity to pitch:
- Alternative Finance
- Blockchain / Bitcoin
- PFM Robo Advisory (Asset mgmt, Wealth mgmt, Investing and (ForEx) Trading)
- Financial Inclusion
- Innovative Banking Software
- Challenger Banks
- Risk, Intelligence & Security
At 19.00, the winners of the European FinTech Awards will be announced at the 2016 European FinTech Conference.
In every aforementioned category there will be one winner and there will be one grand, overall winner: The European FinTech Company of the Year 2016 determined by both the panel of judges and the public.
Questions asked by the panel of judges during the live pitches
- Innovation. Does the company seize a real opportunity and will it have the power to change the industry?
- Customer satisfaction. Does the company satisfy a real need or desire? Can the company provide evidence of the advantages its solution has over alternatives?
- Value. Does the company have a unique value proposition? What is the relationship between cost and benefits and the impact on the environment and society as a whole?
- Delivery. How are consumers engaged and how is the offering delivered and made available to the marketplace?
- Traction. Is the company still signing up new customers and can it retain them?
The selection is based on the individual ideas and views of the judges using their expertise, knowledge and ideas.
Please note: The main purpose of the European FinTech Awards is to celebrate innovators that shape the future of finance and acknowledge the work these companies did to make a difference. The purpose of the FinTech awards is not to scientifically prove who are the best FinTech companies. The judging is primarily based on the judges individual ideas and views on the nominating companies using their expertise, knowledge and ideas.